Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Trail Running

Yesterday a friend and I took off into the trails for an early evening run. We both had hangovers and a lack of sleep - not the perfect conditions for a longer run. However, we did possibly my longest trail run (in a long time at least) and her personal best for distance.

There is something about running in the forest that is so energizing. I put it down to the oxygen and the coolness/pleasant humidity. We took in some great hills and did ~10.5km in 63 minutes.

I felt great for the run, but have some tension in the part of my leg above inner right ankle. Not sure what this is called, there's not a lot of muscle there. Hopefully nothing to do with tendons/ligaments.

Its time to get serious again with the training so I'll see if I can squeeze a swim into my schedule this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment