Sunday, August 22, 2010

Cuboid Syndrome

This morning I suffered a re-occurrence of cuboid syndrome in my right foot. With 2 weeks to go I defied my physiotherapist and went out and bought a pair of orthotics. These days you can buy standard-fit orthotics and mould them to your feet with heat - amazing!

This is quite annoying. I'm getting that dull ache and weakness that I had before, it actually feels worse this time. It happened after 12 minutes of running (on concrete) and I stopped straight away. I have a physio appointment tomorrow, hopefully some ultrasound magic will do the trick.

This might be good time to take stock of triathlon expenditure. After saying I would do this on the cheap its actually turning into a big investment.

~$1,000 Bike - Kona Dew Deluxe (a much lighter commuter bike - multipurpose!)
~$30 - swim mitts (like paddles)
$100 - Craft triathlon shorts
$85 (bargain!) - wetsuit from MEC
$50 - Orthotics

Total so far ~$1265

Today I saw half-price Timex Ironman watches and managed to resist, so its not all bad.

Tomorrow's training is my first swim with the VOWSA. Time the try the wetsuit out.

No comments:

Post a Comment